Santa Caterina Valfurva is surrounded by the high peaks of the Ortles-Cevedale group and is located right in the heart of Stelvio National Park. Santa Caterina Valfurva is synonym for unspoiled nature, snow and high peaks. It is an oasis of peace and happiness: there’s no frenzy here, just the honest passion for mountain and fun. It is the perfect place where your idea of wellness and excellence becomes true.
Sport is the winter protagonist in Santa Caterina. You can count on 35 km of ski slopes to practice alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, mountaineering, snowboarding and fat e-bikes. Of course you’ll find well-marked paths full of snow, lovely places where to walk or practice snowshoeing.
Santa Caterina Ski Area
The right climate and the advanced snow systems guarantee perfect ski slopes from November to April.
- A 35 km ski area, a 1000 m vertical drop, from 1738 m (the town) to 2880 m (mount Sobretta)
- 2 blue slopes (low difficulty) 2 km
- 12 red slopes (medium difficulty) 27 km
- 2 black slopes (high difficulty) 6 km
- 10 lifts, including the 8-seater gondola connecting S. Caterina to Valle dell’Alpe and the four-seater Valle dell’Alpe chairlift.
The most important slope is the Deborah Compagnoni one. It was inaugurated on the occasion of the 2005 World Championships and it features a lighting system that allows fantastic night skiing experiences.
Fun for children is guaranteed: treadmills and an area exclusively for children are perfect to approach snow and sport in complete safety together with the Santa Caterina Valfurva ski school instructors.
Purchase the multi-day skipass and you’ll ski in the three Ski Areas:
- Santa Caterina
- Cima Piazzi – San Colombano
A single skipass to access 110 km of slopes and 36 lifts! Furthermore, the three ski areas are connected by a fast and free BUS service!